**all items purchased by me/
received as requested samples
At Sephora, I only purchased 3 items total, but they were all kits so I got bunches of products to try. Plus I got some more samples (of course). I think the Mister figured I would buy something pretty like makeup or polish but instead I ended up with all skin products - always trying to find the magic combo!. My one makeup purchase will be coming up in the Nordstrom post.
One of the sales girl's strongly recommended that I try the Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher Kit, which contains 4 products - one of which is full size
- Oil Free Moisturizer, .5 oz jar - I do wish this was in a different packaging since I don't like sticking my fingers in it. I don't notice anything particularly special about this moisturizer.
- EradiKate Acne Treatment, 1 oz, full size - this bottle won't need to be replaced for a long time. I don't see immediate results after 1 night, but I do see results. It is drying but I haven't noticed actual irritation from the dryness it leaves.
- ExfoliKate Acne Clearing Exfoliating Treatment, .5 oz - this is the one product I have not tried from this kit yet. When I do go to use it I'll have to remember to have "soft hands" as I tend to push too hard when using physical exfoliants.
- Detox Daily Cleanser, 2 oz - I've used this the most and am considering purchasing in the future after I use up other cleansers (unless I come across something I like better).
Now on to the kits that I thought looked super interesting and a good way to experience lots of products. The first one is Skin Bender Vol. 1, which includes some hand and body moisturizers/creams. Since I really wanted to give the Kate Somerville kit time to work and see any results, I haven't used much from this kit yet, but I have used a couple things.
- L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, 0.3 oz tube
- Bliss High Intensity 24-'Heaven' Healing Body Balm, 1.9 oz tub
- First Aid Beauty Ltd. Ultra Repair Cream, 1 oz tube - I've used this a few times and so far, I don't feel it's anything special; in fact, the first time I used it my hands were still dry immediately after applying.
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash, 1 oz tube
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial, 0.67 oz tube
- Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream SPF 30 in Light-Medium, 0.5 oz tube - I've used this quite a few times and I like it a lot
- Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, 0.17 oz tube
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, 0.5 oz jar
- Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil, 0.23 oz bottle
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, 0.5 oz bottle
- GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment, 0.3 oz tube
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, 0.7 oz tube
- Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel, 0.5 oz tube (I also have a small sample of this from my December visit)
- First Aid Beauty Ltd. Red Clay Deep Cleanser, 1 oz tube
- Kate Somerville Skincare ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, .5 oz tube
- Dr. Brand Pores No More Pore Refiner, .25 oz tube
- Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++, 0.33 oz tube
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, 0.5 oz jar
- Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm SPF 25, 0.33 oz tube - I've used this once, which was not enough to make an impression on me.
And my samples:
top row: Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer, Cover FX CC Cream in P Light-Medium, Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation in P20
bottom: Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial (also got a sample of this before I picked up the kit), Korres Greek Yoghurt Moisturizing Face Cream, DERMAdoctor DD Cream, Tarte Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment
So even though I only bought 3 actual items, I ended up with lots of goodies to try. Of everything that I've tried so far, only 2 items have impressed me enough to consider purchasing in the future. The Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser and the Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream. I've used a few other things a time or 2 but not enough to know if I like it enough to consider purchasing. I did try the Detox Daily Cleanser with my Clarisonic one time and didn't really care for it that way, so I am looking for the ideal cleanser to pair with it.
Have you used any of the items that I have to try? Do you like to buy large kits that include lots of brands/products or do you prefer just to try one new thing at a time? What's your favorite gentle cleanser to use with your Clarisonic (if you have one)?
**all items purchased by me / received as requested samples
**my opinions are my own