**all items purchased by me/
received as requested samples
I just got home from the beauty event at Nordstrom today so I thought I would share what all I bought (as well as what I got from there last month) and the products that were used on me. I thoroughly enjoyed being pampered today - representatives for Clarisonic were there as well as makeup artists in full-force. My skin got treated to the Clarisonic first, then my eyes got treated to the Clarisonic Opal for the first time. Then skincare applied from my choice of line, which was Kiehl's. That was followed up with full makeup application, and almost all the products used were Giorgio Armani. When I got home, the Mister said he really liked the way that the foundation looked, so that's one that is being added to my list as a strong possibility to get (he didn't even mind the price when I told him). I believe it was the Lasting Silk foundation with 'Luminessence CC' Color Control Bright Moisturizer SPF 35 #2 and Fluid Sheer in #4 under. No concealer at all (what?!?! my skin is looking much better lately) and was set with Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting powder. This combination really looks like skin, without the cakey look, although I do think my t-zone would benefit from a mattifying primer. She also did my eyes, and of course lips and cheeks.
I did end up at Sephora when I was done at Nordstrom but only got samples of things.
So let's get started with what I got last month since that's what started this venture into...mmm, shall we say designer makeup.
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eye Shadow in #9 (Rock Sand, according to the site)
packets: Clearly Corrective White Deep Moisture Clarifying Cream (1), Creamy Eye Treatment (1), Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment (2), Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate (2)
So now let's see what I purchased today. I did not include pictures of what the Mister requested, which was the Kiehl's Men's Starter Kit. I also got him a couple of sample jars of the Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub.
Clearly Corrective Purifying Foaming Cleanser - 5.0 fl. oz. tube (going to try this with my Clarisonic Mia) and
Deep Moisture Clarifying Cream - 1.7 fl. oz. jar (tried out & liked using packet from my last visit)
Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion - 8.4 fl. oz. bottle (tried out & liked using 5 little sample jars from my last visit)
Kiehl's had a gift with purchase for the event:
- Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate - 0.17 fl. oz. tube (have the 2 unused packets from last visit)
- Midnight Recovery Eye - 0.1 fl oz tube
- Super Multi-Corrective Cream - 0.25 fl. oz. (purple jar)
- Midnight Recovery Concentrate - 0.06 fl. oz.
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser -5 fl. oz tube
And I had to get one pretty, the lipstick that the artist used on me:
Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Rich Lipcolor in #305 Brick
The hand swatch is showing more orange than it is in real life - I just could not get the color corrected
The tube magnetically closes! Super neat (or maybe sometimes I'm just easily amused by things)
Now for my Sephora samples:
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + in #30
- Make Up For Ever Pro-Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation; the Make Up For Ever artists were there and one of them gave me "a couple" a.k.a. 8 for Light Complexion.
- Tarte Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment (better sized sample than last time I was at Sephora so I'll really be able to get a feel for it)
- Cover FX CC Cream in N Light (I have samples of this from prior visit, I'm just trying to figure out what shade looks best)
- Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream SPF 30 in Light to Medium (same as what came in the kit I bought; I figured I might as well get some more since I'm not ready to buy at the moment)
I really enjoyed my afternoon/evening there. It was worth the 140 miles round-trip. I truly do feel that with these Kiehl's items (and the Kate Somerville kit I got last month) I am getting so close to having the magic combo for my skin, both active breakouts and left over hyper-pigmentation marks. Both the assistant beauty manager and makeup artist said that I basically have the left over marks with very little active breakouts. I'm also happy that the makeup artist didn't feel the need to use concealer at all to cover any marks, which when I saw her in February she used a MAC concealer before any foundation so I do think my skin is getting there - finally!
Do you go to beauty events when they happen at department stores? Do you have a favorite high-end/designer line?
**all items purchased by me / received as requested samples
**my opinions are my own