**all items purchased by me/
received as requested samples
I thought today I'd share what I've purchased at the mall from earlier this month when all/the majority of the clearance sales were happening.
Let's start off with Express. I went in to see if there was anything for the Mister and left with a little something extra for myself as well:
I got this black and white polka-dot infinity scarf for about $10.50.
Then I went to Macy's. It might not have been on sale, but I thought it was a good deal ($30) to get to try several new-to-me brands/products:
Get the Pulse Glam It Up kit
- Cargo duo eye shadow in Columbia/St. Tropez, which both swatched nicely
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (travel size)
- Philosophy Miracle Worker - Miraculous Anti-Aging Retinoid Eye Repair (2 mL/0.07 fl. oz. sample)
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara (itty bitty 1.5 mL/0.05 fl. oz. sample)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (3.7 mL/0.13 fl. oz. sample)
- butter LONDON nail polish in Knees Up (6 mL/0.2 fl. oz. mini). Came all dried up - the inner cap wasn't on tight enough; I restored it the night I was taking pictures but forgot to take an after shot
- black shiny clutch
I also spent some time at Victoria's Secret for their Semi-Annual Sale and found some new goodies (besides the necessities):
Dramatic Matte Eye Shadows, $4.20 each
Refined, Voluptuous, Wild at Heart
~the center brown shade is more brown in real life, the picture is making it look more khaki/olive brown. The other 2 shades are fairly accurate
Just Kiss Me and Dream On
nail polishes, $5 each
I also ended up at Forever 21. I hadn't bought anything from there in quite a while, but I found some new polishes I liked:
Dark Orange/Multi; Pink/Red/Silver; Pink/Multi; Purple/Silver
- Dark Orange/Multi is a milky orange-sicle base with at least red, green, and yellow(?) hex glitters
- Pink/Red/Silver is a milky baby pink with baby iridescent bar glitters and hot pink and more iridescent small hex glitters
- Pink/Multi is a clear base with white, hot pink and silver small bar glitters - "Feather"
- Purple/Silver is a clear base with white, purple and silver small bar glitters - "Feather"
Since my haul day at the beginning of the year, I've only been in the mall one time. I was good. I only bought one thing for myself that day. (image from my Instagram) By the way, follow me on Instagram for additional pictures - that's where I post tiny 1-2 item "hauls" as well as other random things (kitties, bunnies, things I like, etc).
40% off that day! "Pave Eye Stretch Bracelet"
I didn't take any pictures, but I also walked out of Dillards with some more samples of the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Protect Cream Skin Protectant (which I plan on giving to my mom), some sample packs of Lancome Genefique (to stretch my bottle for a longer time/traveling) and a Lancome 24 Hour foundation sample in 210 (still trying to find my shade - 220 ended up being a bit to dark to start with and then oxidizing on me darker still). From the Mac counter in Macy's I got another sample of the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator.
I still need to share my small haul from Sally's Beauty Supply when the extra 50% off clearance sale happened, and I do have another small haul from Claire's from before Christmas. I am slowly getting caught up with what's already loaded on my computer, but I've got loads of pictures on my camera from more recent purchases waiting for their respective turns.
Did you take advantage of the clearance sales from any stores earlier this month? Find anything good? And of course, let me know if you'd like to see any of the polishes on my nails soon (or see how well that butter LONDON polish came back to life)!
**all items purchased by me/received as requested samples
**my opinions are my own