**items received free for review from Influenster
Time to get my thoughts in order for reviews on the products I received in my Rose VoxBox from Influenster. I'll be starting with the polish kit! I got the Kiss Gradation kit and after a couple of tries (the first time I got impatient with letting Step 1 dry and took it off in favor of something that dried quickly), I'm ready to write up my review. The shade I received is called Film Noir (found on the bottom of the box by the barcode). To see all the colors of the Gradation Kits, click here.
Step 1, the silver, is a sheer foil finish. This required 2 coats (over a base coat, of course) in order to cover a white spot on my nail plate. I also felt the need to add a quick dry top coat since it dried very slowly on me. Even with the top coat it still took quite a while to fully dry. Pretty color, but sheer and slow drying.Create a ‘gradation/airbrushed’ look at home with a set of 3 mono-chromatic polishes with hints of shimmer and shine.
- 3 easy steps for a complete gradation look:
- Apply two coats of Step 1 polish, let it dry
- Apply one coat of Step 2 polish on the tip of nail, about 1/3 of nail
- Before Step 2 coat is dry, apply one coat of Step 3 on ½ of the nail to blend in
- Let dry completely and repeat steps on the other handAdd your own touch to achieve new, unique nail effects:
- Apply Step 3 over solid nail polish as a glitter topcoat
- Wear each of the nail polishes aloneKiss® Gradation Polishes’ suggested retail is $6.99 and is available in major drug chains and mass retailers like WalMart, Walgreens, CVS, Target and Rite Aid. Visit kissusa.com to learn more!
~finally, a sunshine picture!~
So, would I purchase additional kits in other colors? Right now, Big Break Blue is calling my name. But I'm also thinking that since gold polishes are a definite minority in my polish collection, that Exposure might be an appropriate one to get since I don't often wear gold and wouldn't need full-sized bottles. Huh, I just pretty much talked myself into getting 2 more of the kits so...I'll say I would purchase again.
Have you used the Kiss Gradation Polish kits? What color polishes do you prefer on your nails?
**product received free from Influenster for review
**my opinions are my own