**all items purchased by me/received as requested samples/
received free from Influenster
received free from Influenster
Another month has quickly come and gone so that means it's time to see what all I finished during the month of August. And I have to say, I think I've done quite well. I've got products finished from your hair all the way down to your feet, as well as makeup. Since I did get through quite a bit - this might be a record setting month, let's jump right in! As usual, I've included mini reviews of what I thought of each product and whether or not I'll buy/rebuy or not.
First up, skin care:
- Acure Argan Oil - bought in January from Raisin Rack. Love this stuff! Moisturizes without making my skin oily or causing breakouts and helps to lessen redness/irritation. I also used a little of it in my hair on a super damaged section without it looking greasy. I do suggest wrapping an extra ponytail holder around it since the glass bottle gets slippery when you've been treating your skin with the oil. I've already repurchased this.
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Optimizing Skin Serum - full size (which I purchased in June) and 2 samples (received before I bought the full size). Love this stuff as well! This is supposed to help your treatments work better. I do feel like it has helped to balance my oiliness and dryness. It's also helped some to lessen post-acne marks. I have noticed that every couple of weeks I need to take a night or 2 off so my skin doesn't build up a tolerance as quickly so that it does remain effective. Already repurchased.
- Olay Wet Cleansing Cloths - 3 pack purchased from Dollar Tree ($1). These worked fairly well, as long as I took my time...especially with removing eye makeup. I had purchased these intending to take just these for traveling, but after a trial run with one at home, I did end up packing my regular makeup remover/cleanser/Clarisonic so that I would be sure that I got all of my makeup off each night. I'd say these are better for light to no makeup days. Probably won't repurchase since I wear so many long-wearing products that I want to be sure are completely cleaned off my skin each night.
- Gentle Cleansing Makeup Remover Wipes with Vitamin E - hotel sample. This worked pretty well, maybe even a bit better than the Olay ones. But I do prefer to really get my skin clean and makeup free with remover and cleanser. Won't purchase.
- Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Butterfly Flower - trial size (maybe free w/ $10 purchase &/or coupon). This smelled like I was standing in the middle of a fully blooming butterfly bush. Nice, especially for summer, but a bit strong. Fortunately it wasn't strong enough to cause any scent irritation in my eyes like one scent did. Won't repurchase.
- St. Ives Exfoliating Pads - bought from Walgreens (I think that's where I got them the first time). I really enjoyed using these pads. I've mainly used them in the mornings to freshen up since for a while I was feeling that I was breaking out more when I actually cleansed in the morning. This helped to keep the majority of my breakouts cleared; I also felt like the blackheads on my nose were less dark. I was able to use these every morning without irritation. They are a little hard to find (the Walmart I frequent doesn't carry them); I have already repurchased.
- Biore Dual Fusion Moisturizer SPF 30 - sample that I forget how I got. This was too much moisture for my skin. Won't purchase (not even sure if this is available anymore).
- Tazorac Cream - sample of a prescription I used to be on. When I first started using this 3-4 years ago, my skin did really well. After some time, the dermatologist had me move up to the stronger version. After a while, though, the Mister decided that I shouldn't be on it for if/when we have kids because of the classification it has (class x) so I've just been finishing open tubes. Won't repurchase.
Now for hair products:
- Suave Moroccan Infusion Color Care Shampoo - I enjoyed using this shampoo. I do feel like it has helped to keep my hair in better condition from coloring and heat styling. I will repurchase (I thought I already did but accidentally grabbed a different formula).
- So Gorgeous Volume Renewing Dry Shampoo - this particular dry shampoo is actually for dark hair. While I really enjoyed using it and it smelled pretty good, it didn't have quite enough of the aerosol to get all of the product out - but I did get most out. I liked this well enough to have already repurchased. I believe this is only available at Sally's Beauty Supply.
- Fekkai Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner - trial packets received through 2012 Target free sample bag. I didn't notice extra glossiness to my hair after using these, but I do think I had slightly less flyaways after drying and straightening. Won't purchase since it doesn't claim to be for colored hair and I do my best to only use colored hair formulas.
- Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner - 3 pairs of trial packets. I got this as a 7-day hair challenge give away (maybe through Facebook?) quite a while ago. I really like the way the conditioner leaves my hair feeling. The shampoo I do like, but the initial impression of it wasn't as strong as the conditioner was. I'm still using up the last 4 pairs of samples, but I have already bought a full-size shampoo and conditioner.
A couple of makeup items:
- The Color Workshop Eyeliner (black) - came in a holiday set purchased on clearance last year. I'd compare this liner to Wet 'n Wild (especially since Markwins is the maker of both The Color Workshop and Wet 'n Wild). It did last a good while once I opened it and the color was good and black. While it's not sold by itself (so I can't repurchase it), I wouldn't be adverse to using it if I happen to get another one in a holiday set.
- Physicians Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker - bought from CVS or Rite Aid. I did not like this liner at all. You can click here for my full review on it. Won't repurchase.
And the rest:
- Dr. Scholl's For Her Rough Skin Eraser Liquid Exfoliant - bought a long time ago and finally made myself finish it. The claims on the bottle are high - I should have known better than to believe them. I was looking for something that would keep callouses minimized without having to use a file/scrape off with my nail/whatever method worked that day to lessen the hardness. This stuff did not work at all, and if you didn't get it rinsed off all the way really well, it leaves white chalky looking residue on your skin. Won't repurchase - in fact, I regretted purchasing this which is why it has taken so long to finish.
- Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield mouthwash in Peppermint Blast - received free from Influenster for review. I really enjoyed using this mouthwash. It didn't burn but I do think it met all of its claims. You can click here for my full review. I do intend to purchase after I use up some other mouthwashes I have sitting around.
As you can see, I got through quite a bit during August - especially for skincare items. I also tried to make a dent in my shampoo/conditioner samples as well so I started using on those as soon as the Suave shampoo had run out. If you count each and every sample individually, in one month I finished 26 things out of my stash! Wahoo! I think that might be a record for me. I'm starting to get more anxious for my total count for the year. I've a feeling it's going to be a good number for the year. It's hard to believe that it is only a few months away.
If you got this far, Congrats! Yay You! I know, lots of stuff to get through.
Have you finished anything recently? Do share!
**all items purchased by me/received as requested samples/received free from Influenster
**my opinions are my own