**all items purchased by me
Despite having a lingering headache/migraine today as well as a sore throat, I've got my Project "Finish This Stuff" update that I promised a few days ago. This time it's for March, and disappointingly for me, I didn't finish nearly as much as I thought I would. But I did get through some so let's see what's going out in the trash. And of course, there's mini reviews for just about everything, as well as a new mini goal that I talk about at the end.
Nail type stuff:
- A super old bottle of polish my mom had bought years (and years) ago from the salon she goes to. We both used out of it so it's pretty much gone and what is in there is as hard as a rock (and the old stinky formula).
- Crystal Water Spa body lotion in Mandarin Orange - bought this from the Dollar Tree. It's finally the last bottle of body lotion from there that I've used up. The scent wasn't as bad on this one as the previous 2, but definitely not great. I do not recommend buying lotions from Dollar Tree, at all.
- E.L.F. concealer brush - this came in a kit I bought a while ago and the brush is officially dead. It lasted me all of January, February and March being used as my clean-up brush for nail polish so it's full of polish, its bristles are shortened and splayed and it's hard as a rock. This quickly became my favorite tool to use for cleaning up polish jobs. I've already bought a new one to use.
- Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub - bought this from Walmart last Fall and I've used it off and on. I never noticed any improvement in the appearance of past and present marks and I didn't notice it helped prevent future breakouts - that's what it claimed to help on the packaging. I also decided that when I used this, I was too heavy handed and my cheeks were pretty sensitive and warm feeling so I've decided not to repurchase this (or any other scrub).
- Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial deep cleaning hand soap in Warm Vanilla Sugar - I've used this many, many times but I think I've decided I'm not going to continue purchasing these. These are also on the pricey side for hand soap, so I'm going to try something new. MissJenFABULOUS (on YouTube) has recommended against using soaps with triclosan in them. You can check out this article I just received in my email a couple days ago from the local organic store about toxins to avoid if you want more info.
- Neutrogena Body Clear body wash - bought from Walmart and I've already replaced it. It's the only thing that I've found that helps control breakouts on my back. I'm never without this for long and my supply has already been replenished.
- Aveeno Living Color shampoo for medium-thick hair - bought from Target. This shampoo was nice; it didn't dry my hair out at all, nor did it allow my color to fade super quick, but my hair still felt clean. I'm not positive this is still available since I haven't seen it at Walmart, Target or Rite Aid recently, but I did manage to find another bottle at a local grocery store. I wanted to get another (if possible) since I still have 3/4 of the bottle of coordinating conditioner. While I do like this shampoo, it's not my #1 favorite - especially if it's getting hard to find.
That's it for the month of March. I was hoping a few other things would have been finished but the bottles seem to be never-ending. I am fully anticipating at least this many products being finished throughout April, if not more. Out of 7 finishes, only 3 things that I would or have repurchased. At least I'm slowly learning what I do and do not like.
I've also set up a little mini goal for me for the year: finish all the travel or mini size bottles of lotion from Bath & Body Works and the miscellaneous others I have. I'm well on my way with that goal. Yay! I'm also going to try to be more economical about the soaps and lotions. On a related note - I walked past Bath & Body Works and wasn't even tempted to go in since it seemed the various fragrances were especially strong today...maybe that's why I've had a headache... I don't think I've been inside that store since sometime last year, despite getting all these offers in the mail for free mini products. Nope, no thank you.
What did you managed to finish in March? A bunch of things or just a couple? Any goals to get spending under control or to downsize your stash?
**all items purchased by me (or my mom, then given to me)
**my opinions are my own