Today I've got my thoughts on another product I received in my Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox. This one is not necessarily a beauty product, but it can make your room more beautiful with a warm candle-lit glow.
I received a mini candle (1.3 oz) from Bath & Body Works, but the label says White Barn. Must be a sub-line/division...
Black Pepper Bergamot
The description on the bottom of the jar says: "Intricate layers of spicy black pepper combine with uplifting bergamot and lavender in a fragrance inspired by fall's changeable days".
Honestly, I'm not that crazy about the scent while it's sitting on the desk in front of me. It reminds me of a musky body powder. Not a fan. And when I burn it, if I'm sitting near it, I can't smell any scent at all...but out in the hallway, you can smell the musky-powdery-ness. Neither the Mister nor I are a fan of this scent.
I do like that this is a little "trial" size candle so you can test out a scent to see if it changes once lit or not.
Product info from Influenster's site (including descriptions of all the fall candle line):
Mini but Mighty! Our Mini Candles provide an amazing fragrance experience exclusively developed and tested by our team of Home Fragrance experts, including the world's best master perfumers. Now in an elegant glass container, these are the perfect size for trialing all our fall home fragrances! Mini Candles burn approximately 15 hours.According to Bath & Body Works site, the mini candles are priced individually at $3.50 (but they do go on sale). Also included in the VoxBox was a coupon for $X amount off a 3-wick candle...I did not end up redeeming the coupon due to the timing (relative passing away and all that goes with that). If I had been able to redeem the candle, I probably would have preferred either Pumpkin Cupcake or Cider Lane...those have notes that look like they would agree with my nose better.
Mini Candles provided to Influensters:
- Mahogany Teakwood—The scents of fine woods-mahogany, cedarwood and oak – highlighted by delicate lavender and geranium notes conjure up an escape to a cozy library on a chilly fall day.
- Pumpkin Cupcake—The perfect pick from the corner bakery this fall – a spiced pumpkin cupcake with rich buttercream and frosted ginger.
- White Barn Nutmeg & Spice—a warm and cozy fragrance inspired by an elegant mixture of nutmeg and all of autumn’s very best spices.
- Cider Lane—As sweet as the trip to the local apple orchard each year, a delicious fall blend of mulled cider, warm caramel and sweet cinnamon.
- Black Pepper Bergamot—Intricate layers of spicy black pepper combine with uplifting bergamot and lavender in a fragrance inspired by fall’s changeable days.
What's your favorite seasonal scent? Do you prefer candles or another form of home fragrance - diffusers, plug-ins, etc....?
I was sent these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for reviews and the completion of related surveys.
**My opinions are entirely my own