**all items purchased by me
It's been kind of damp and chilly where I live, reminding me of early fall. So today seems like a good day to do the next pre-Halloween display post. Today's brand is Wet 'n Wild! I did not seen anything about this collection anywhere online before I found it on August 17 so it was a very pleasant surprise find.
Now, of course I had to buy them all since I'm such a huge Wet 'n Wild fan.
Poison Ivy, Root of All Evil, Lethal Injection:
Toxic Apple, Deadly Dose, Venomous Vixen:
held at a different angle under lamp light
Venomous Vixen, Deadly Dose, Lethal Injection, Root of All Evil, Poison Ivy, Toxic Apple
-Venomous Vixen has 3 coats, the rest 2-
I've swatched these all on my nail wheel and held them up to other wheels from Wet 'n Wild and found no exact dupes in all the WnW polishes I have. I expanded my search to all the brands I have and the could find only 2 "dupes":
- Lethal Injection, I would say that Essie Damsel in a Dress is pretty much dead on (both required 2 coats on the nail wheels)
- Root of All Evil (2 coats that went on more smoothly) is extremely close to Sinful Colors Midnight Blue (3 coats)
(the shimmer is a tiny touch more prominent on Midnight Blue). Check out my comparison of these 2 here.
A couple of notes:
- Toxic Apple has a dark blue/burple base to it that looks black in some lights.
- Poison Ivy is heavily blackened on the first coat, looking more charcoal.
- All of them have a super-fine shimmer, with Deadly Dose looking the most brush-strokey (but I did get a wonky brush with that one)
These are priced at $1.99. I found them at the grocery store (if you're curious which one, it's Giant Eagle), so I'm not sure what other stores these will be landing at, or when. I do suggest checking the brushes as one I got has a bit of a wonky twisted brush.
Will you be snatching these up if you see them?
**all products purchased by me
**all opinions are my own
**not affiliated with Wet 'n Wild