Today, I am finally posting what I did on my nails for our wedding anniversary that was 2 weeks ago. I can't believe how quickly the decade has passed!! Wow, that sounds like a really long time when you actually use the word "decade." Anyway....
The Mister likes it when I wear dark polishes, i.e. black, but I wanted some color and a little sparkle. So I compromised. Dark purple, glitter and heart glitters. I really liked the final look.
- Pro FX Fiberized Ridge Filler base coat
- 2 coats Wet 'n Wild Fast Dry in 33600 Sea Witch (Spring 2011 Mermaid's Cove collection)
Sea Witch is a very hard-to-photograph-accurately purple/blue duochrome (?) that went on nicely in 2 coats, dried quickly and with a good amount of shininess.
- 1 coat of the glitter base out of Nicole by OPI Step 2 the Beat of My <3 on ring fingers
- fished out 3 hearts for each ring finger and placed in a line down the center
- thin coat of the glitter base to even out ridges from manuvering
My left hand ended up with a purple heart near the cuticle line instead of pink like my right hand.
This mani wore really well, especially since I never put a top coat on it. I believe I wore it for 3-4 days and even though I did get some cracks on my ring fingers, the polish didn't actually chip off until I did a bunch of kitchen tasks.
Do you like the compromise I came up with for our special day?
**all products purchased by me / my opinions and polish combinations are my own