What I used:
- silver 3mm x 12 inch tinsel stem, cut in half
- 2 - 6 mm faceted beads - clear
- 5 - 12 mm starflake beads - 2 light sapphire, 3 dark sapphire
- 6 - 18 mm starflake beads - 3 light sapphire, 3 dark sapphire
- 3 - 25 mm starflake beads - 1 light sapphire, 1 dark sapphire, 1 crystal
- 1 - 8 mm faceted bead - clear
To start, fold one tip of the tinsel stem up a tiny, tiny bit - just enough to make it so the beads won't come off the end. Start stringing on the beads in the order listed, beginning with the 2 faceted beads. Once the final 8mm faceted bead has been strung on, bend over the rest of the tinsel stem to form a loop and twist around to secure.
This is a very simple project that takes about 2 minutes, start to finish. I actually like this better done in the gradient shades of blue rather than the all crystal on a white chenille stem that I used to make. Now I'm ready to go through more of the starflakes that I have and see what other combinations I can come up with.
**All items purchased by me